If you are looking for a versatile and high-quality lens for street photography, you might want to consider the NIKKOR 18-35 f3.5/4.5G ED.
This lens offers a wide-angle to standard zoom range, which is ideal for capturing various scenes and subjects in urban environments. The lens also delivers sharp images with good contrast, thanks to its optical design that features three aspherical and two extra-low dispersion elements. The lens has a silent wave motor that ensures fast and accurate autofocus performance, even in low-light situations. The lens also has a weather-sealed construction that protects it from dust and moisture. The NIKKOR 18-35 f3.5/4.5G ED is a great lens for street photographers who want to explore different perspectives and capture the essence of the city.
Certainly! The Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 G is a magnificently sharp and high-performance lightweight ultrawide zoom lens designed for FX and 35mm cameras. Let's dive into the details:
- Optical Performance: This lens offers excellent image quality, even when used wide open. It's sharp across the frame, and its performance is exemplary for an SLR zoom. The lens maintains good sharpness even at its widest aperture of f/3.5-4.5.
- Focal Length Range: The 18-35mm focal length range provides versatility, making it suitable for various scenarios such as landscapes, architecture, and group shots.
- Manual Focus Override: Manual focus is easy; you can grab the focus ring at any time for instant manual-focus override.
- Optical Design: The lens features an updated optical design with two ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements and three aspherical lens elements. These elements help reduce chromatic aberrations and improve overall image quality.
- Compatibility: The Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 G works perfectly on both FX and DX digital Nikon cameras. It's compatible with a wide range of Nikon bodies, from high-end models like the D4 and D800 to more affordable options like the D3200 and D5200.
- Build Quality: As a budget lens, it is mostly made of plastic, but it still feels solid in hand. The mount is metal, while the zoom and focus rings are plastic (with a rubber exterior). Despite its lightweight build, it performs admirably.
- No Vibration Reduction (VR): Unlike some other lenses, this one does not have built-in VR. However, VR is less critical for ultrawide lenses since they are often used for landscapes or architecture where stabilization isn't as crucial.
In summary, the Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 G is an excellent choice if you're looking for an affordable ultrawide zoom with good optical performance and lightweight construction. Whether you're shooting on an FX or DX camera, this lens delivers impressive results.
Remember that this lens performs well wide open, even capturing sharpness in the corners! If you're in the market for an ultrawide zoom, the Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5